Monday, September 30, 2013

Save Me From Myself / Brian Welch



SAVE ME FROM MYSELF -- Brian Welch

I just finished reading this 225-page bio of former Rock Star --electric lead guitarist of Korn-- Brian Welch.  He tells his story of rock stardom and drug addiction, and relates how he found freedom and victory over his own self through a relationship with Jesus Christ.  Amazing true story account !
I highly recommend this book.  Prior to reading his story, I'd never heard of Brian Welch or listened to Korn's music.  But this story grabbed my attention.  This book was hard to put down.  I finished it in only 2-3 days.

  
"Here I was, the guitarist for one of the biggest rock bands in the world ... I was able to do what I wanted to do, go where I wanted to go, and buy what I wanted to buy... but I was completely miserable.. some nights I would go to sleep hoping I wouldn't wake up-- other nights I would go to sleep scared, hoping that I wouldn't die... I didn't understand how a person who had everything that he wanted, with millions of dollars in the bank, could be unhappy... Take it from me: nothing you chase after on this earth will satisfy you like a real, everyday, intimate relationship with Christ."  --Brian Welch  

No comments:

Post a Comment